Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psiwentyl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2014
Hi,

I got Philips 47pfl8404H tv. I connect it to my dell alienware laptop by hdmi without any problems. Never had any, neither on dvd,playstation nor by laptop. Everything is perfect.

Problem occured when i bought macbook pro lately. When i connect it by hdmi after few minutes 5-10-15 , there is no rule suddenly the screen on tv goes green for a second and then all colours are lost, it looks like negative

I tried diffrent hdmi cables and tv outputs but it always end the same. It always happen after few minuets and then after minute sometimes maybe 2 or 3 there is agreen screen for a second again and it goes back to normal. It also goes back to normal when i disconnect and connect cable again. I gave macbook to warranty but they checked everything, probably changed port and i got it back. Now i tried to connect macbook by hdmi to my other laptop because i got there hdmi in output and everything is fine. Screen is perfect and there are no problems so there has to be something between macbook and tv.

On dell laptop i never had this situation. I use good quality hdmi cables, not best but with medium price. Do i have to buy apple hdmi cable like belkin or something and try it out? Can it be really cable or something in tv that doesnt work with macbook but works with other top laptop? THe other one is new Dell Alienware.

Do you have any suggestions guys cause i have nothing anymore... :(

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008

It is frowned upon to bump your own thread on this forum. Just a FYI before it gets your thread locked.

Care to share which MBP you are using on which OS X version?

BTW, HDMI is a digital signal, either it goes through or it doesn't, paying more for cables is wasting money.

psiwentyl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2014
Sorry didint know about that

I got the latest macbook retina pro with Mavericks system 10.9.5

On Philips Forum i found this topic http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4716-Mac-Mini-Philips-Tv-via-HDMI-problem

There are instructions that helped in this matter as following:

"incompatible handshake between the TV and MacMini (which runs Lion). The solution that worked for me is to add a file to the 'Overrides' folder on your Mac. See below:

1. Download http://www.mediafire.com/?fdz29bgsg3zm653
2. Unarchive it
3. In the Finder, go to (using cmd-shift-G) the directory /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/
4. Place the entire directory you unarchived in step 2 (DisplayVendorID-410c) in the directory /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/
5. Reboot "

Problem is that this folder is for Lion system probably and i dont think i can just put this one for Mavericks one. And simply cant find it for my system.

Do you think it can be the solution for me here and any idea where i would find same folder and check it on mavericks system?

Thx in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.