Philips Hue Bridge 2.0 Upgrade Program | Philips storefront appears down

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by EximiusVir, Nov 1, 2015.

1. EximiusVir macrumors newbie

I happened to wake early this morning (~5am) and saw I had an email from Philips notifying me the upgrade program for Hue Bridge 1.0 owners was live and providing the steps to utilize the discount.

Eager to get my order in (Philips has been clear it's a 'limited quantity' and 'while supplies last'), I navigated to their 'Shop now' link.

All morning long the Hue storefront has been down. I'm curious if others are experiencing this, if it's intentionally down in prep for a store update to support the promotion, or if the volume of traffic took the store down (wouldn't think so, but you never know).

Has anyone else tried? Curious...

2. knemonic macrumors 6502a

Been trying all morning, I get really close with cc and billing info, hit submit order and boom, crashes. Horrible.

3. knemonic macrumors 6502a

But I was able to add the coupon code and see the discount so the site is ready to go, so it's basically us crashing it. The only people who want this new bridge is those who really already have hue, and well iPhones.

Now all I'm getting is an error occurred and nothin is coming up.

4. kcellup macrumors regular

kcellup

why didn't i get this coupon code?!? This is so annoying, I just got he Hue as a Christmas gift last year!

5. knemonic macrumors 6502a

The coupon code is your old bridges product I'd, anyone who has the old bridge gets the discount as long as it was on your hue account already. Simply as the ID at checkout in the coupon code, if you can check out ha, still haven't been able too

6. knemonic macrumors 6502a

I think my order finally went through. I got an order number but haven't gotten an email yet, it said I should be getting one. There doesn't seem to be a way to check your orders in their site which is annoying.

7. knemonic macrumors 6502a

8. knemonic macrumors 6502a

9. friedmud macrumors 65816

Well damn... I forgot to check this morning... now it's listed as "Sold Out".... bah!

10. knemonic macrumors 6502a

It was a pain in the butt. I sat there passively refreshing while watching tv all morning and got close a few times. After I think 3 hours, it finally went through. But in case you didn't get the email, this will make you feel a little better:

"In case of an overwhelming demand we could temporarily run out of stock. But don't despair! We will keep replenishing stock on a weekly basis and the promotion will last until 31st December 2015, so you will have plenty of time to redeem it."

This is from the email reminder I signed up for. So it sounds like weekly they'll replenish stock. Id check every morning if I were you, worth the $20

11. Cptnodegard macrumors 6502

I have the new bridge, bought without an upgrade. Not really the most useful thing in the world. Voice control fails quite often, or it works but fails to actually do what it says it does. The Hue Tap thingamajig is infinitely more useful.

12. knemonic macrumors 6502a

Ya, I figured in time things will get better, I just didn't want to miss out on the discount. I'd like to think HomeKit eventually will be a robust usable system. I have two Taps already, which work great.

13. friedmud macrumors 65816

They are still sold out. BUT somehow Amazon has them for $60...

14. knemonic macrumors 6502a

I just got mine today. I believe what the email said was on a weekly basis they will replenish stock so my guess it will show in stock on Sunday but to be safe, I'd check every day to be sure but they came in stock on last Sunday. The email said they will have limited stock every time they refill it so I'd move on Sunday when it comes into stock. It told me quite a few hours to order so keep at it. I believe this is the only way to get the bridge on its own without buying a brand new starter kit so it's worth it (unless you need the extra bulbs).

15. friedmud macrumors 65816

16. BradWould macrumors 6502

BradWould

It's disappointing that they're not extending the discount to Canadian customers. I bought the starter kit about 6 weeks ago. Being a huge Apple fan I should have waited I guess. I knew HomeKit was coming. I just didn't know when and I couldn't hold out. My house was just too stupid. I had to start smartening it up.

17. shamus99 macrumors regular

After trying all week, I was finally able to add it to cart. Unfortunately it wont accept code. Customer service says its a website issue. To add to the frustration, they charge shipping? So they give you 20 bucks off but turn around and charge you $10 for shipping? Any alternatives to hue. Ive been happy with the products but this is kind of rediculous and really turns me off from a company.

18. friedmud macrumors 65816

Thanks for the heads up on Shipping. I'm just going to order from Amazon. Free shipping means it's only a $10 difference... and I know it'll be simple to order.

19. knemonic macrumors 6502a

They never charged me for shipping. There was an option for free shipping on the website. They only charged my credit card $39.95.

I'm curious if you're at the right page, cause I show it's still sold out. From what the email said, they're restock it weekly and I got the impression it would only be on Sunday's. Maybe your code won't work till Sunday when this link shows in stock? I'd wait till Sunday to order and see what happens.

http://www.store.meethue.com/us/accessories/bridge

20. shamus99 macrumors regular

thats what im thinking... if you need new bulbs, you save a bit if you buy

21. shamus99 macrumors regular

I was at the right place... it sold out again. Customer service was aware of code not working and said it was website issues. I also confirmed with her that I would have to pay shipping, however I just contacted them on Facebook and they are saying there is no shipping, so who knows...

22. knemonic macrumors 6502a

Ya, they're online services are crap. I kept adding the hub to the cart for I think 4 hours all afternoon but never could checkout. Also when they rolled out the new website a month ago, it was down for nearly a day.

But I can definetly tell you I did not pay for shipping and there was two options, free and fedex (even though my package was delivered by FedEx). Hope this helps.