Phish Reunites!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iJon, Oct 1, 2008.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

So today Phish announced they will be doing a 3 run show in March in Hampton plus more dates after that. Anyone planning on seeing them who never saw them before?

I know I will be.

www.phish.com

jon

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

You know you will be? Do you expect to get in through the Lotto? That's almost too certain.

I wish I could go. I'm buying a house and don't expect free funds for a good bit.

3. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

I will be waiting for their other tour dates, something a little closer to home. As for getting tickets, I'm not worried about it. Tickets are quite easy to get if you put some elbow grease into it and buy them the minute they go on sale.

If I was able to get Radiohead tickets this year I surely can get some Phish tickets.

jon

4. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Deadheads Don't Let Friends Go On Phish Tour.

5. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

Fortunately I'll be able to see them next year too. They are doing a show at Penn State next year and will more than likely be doing a nationwide tour after that.

Good year for jamband fans.

jon

6. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Are you talking about The Dead? If you are their appearance at Penn State is Oct 13th of this year.

That's about two week from now.

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Oh heck yeah! I don't think I'll make it to the show but hey, I was at Hampton Colosseum (both days) for Hampton Comes Alive as it is. Fantastic live band to say the least.

8. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

Duh! I forgot, it's the concert for Obama's election. The article I read about it said that after this show they were considering doing a nationwide tour, I think in 2009.

I've seen most of the Dead members solo but I would love to see them all together (at least the ones still alive). They are getting pretty old and won't be playing much longer if I'd have to guess.

jon

9. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I think I will be roped into going. Never seen them live, don't really care to. But it's more about the people I will be with that makes it worth it.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I wouldn't mind seeing Phish again (if for no other reason than to see Mike Gordon play). It sure has been a while.

Now THAT I wish I was going to.

On a related note, I've already got my tickets to see Gov't Mule at the Fillmore in November...

11. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

that's funny

comparing the frenzy for these tix to Radiohead?? again...

funny

elbow grease?

lol.....I remember how hard it was to get tix for Phish back in the day for Hamton tix...and that was when they were toured all the time....

It's been 4 year plus....

I'll be shocked if I get tix

12. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    NO tickets for me

Bogus

so....was it as easy as getting RadioHead Tix for you?

13. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Prepare to be underwhelmed by phish. absolutely no pocket and never loud enough. They couldn't play something funky if they tried. Just my .02 cents though.

14. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

Actually I did get tickets, Hampton 1st night. I didn't get it through the lottery but I did obtain them.

It's that elbow grease I was talking about ;).

jon

15. eGGs13 macrumors newbie

Hey iJon, are your from the 601 area code? If so, we really should combine resources to help secure phish dates.