PHISHER/TROJAN on my MBP???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by imafrkshow, Nov 14, 2009.

1. imafrkshow macrumors newbie

i was on Firefox and i got an email that I believe had a phisher on it. after i clicked on the link, my facebook, gmail, yahoo and hotmail emails had the password changed on them. I no longer have access to them.

I took it to the Mac Genius's and they could not find anything and recommended i use Time Machine to go to an old back up.

Has anyone else had a problem with this and or know a solution????

I have a Macbook Pro 2.4GHZ with 4gig of ram and everything is up to date.

Thank you!

2. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

I don't know anything about viruses, but I guess there is a possibility the e-mail itself asked for your accounts and passwords stored in the cookies in your browser, which would mean you don't have a virus/trojan/phisher program still on your computer.

Obviously, you should get your accounts back by using the "forgotten password" option when logging in, and make sure no embarrassing messages have been sent.

My friend had his Facebook hacked a while back, and I (and all his other friends) got a message from "him" suggesting we check out one of those love calculator sites, or something like that.

Moral of this story... Don't click on suspicious e-mails!

EDIT: If you can't get your accounts back, you should let all your contacts in them know.

3. cfitz7111 macrumors 6502

Rule #1 Never click links
    Rule #2 Never download attachments

Especially from something or someone you would not expect to get either of the above mentioned from. When in doubt contact the person who sent it, just to ask "hey did you send me something?