Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
Received this in my e-mail today:

Apple Payment Payment Has Been Complete:please check your Receipt Customer ID-899782.nice day Thursday, October 11,2018#95647
to support@apple.com
bcc@yahoo.com
date today at 2:15 PM
Apple Payment sd561hsd561fj6df1j6@aigantengartenganteng124515.com
Receipt
Dancing Line By Cheetah Technology Corp. Limited Price $9.99 Order #MMJD56W68K Billed to: iTune Store Credit Name Products: Large Coin Box
Type:in-App Purchases
Pricing:$9.99
Payment Method Credit iTune Store

Added information below: Notice the poor spelling.

What these people want you to do is follow their directions in the downloaded PDF receipt, telling you if you did not order this item click on this (iTunes Payment Cancelation Form and follow the steps.)
If you do this it would take you to a non secure online address giving them your information or allowing them to get inside your computer.

Last edited:

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Yeah this is an old one. I think everyone here must’ve received this email at least once. But thanks for posting.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Already forwarded it to Apple, but I got one similar earlier today that said I started a trial of VSCO's yearly membership. I don't use it, but I bet you they know that so many people do and they might think they had accidentally pressed something to start a trial and will go try and get it cancelled through there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.