Phone 5 Boot Loop Can't Restore Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikedahammer, Jun 13, 2015.

1. mikedahammer macrumors newbie

The screen in my iphone 5 went dead so i ordered a new replacement screen and after i installed it i am stuck with the following two scenarios.

Scenario One: I can get the plug into itunes screen but itunes will not restore and I can get to give me an error 9 and 3194. The 9 is what i get when i try and restore to 8.3 (which is what was on it before the issue). The 3194 happens when i try anything above or below 8.3. I tried the 8.4 beta and the 9 beta and the 8.2. I have tried different computers, different cables, but nothing. I have tried it in DFU mode etc. What the issue is that the phone will reboot and will not load the ipsw file and therefore the restore is interrupted and thus why i get the error 9. iTunes will recognize the phone and the serial number but i cannot restore.

youtube video of issue:

Scenario Two: I turn the phone on and i get a boot loop that is endless and itunes won't recognize the device.

youtube video of issue:

The phone has never been jailbroken that i know of. Please help me out. I got nothing.

2. Ethos Evoss, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015

Ethos Evoss macrumors regular

Ethos Evoss

I had error 9 and it means it is HW error so your nand probably gone..
    jailbreaking will nevr damage your phone this way !
    I had very bad luck once I was ready to sell iphone and I said am gonna test this one screen from ebay .. and once i plugged that ebay faulty crap it destroyed my iphone 5 ! it probably shorted where connectors are !
    so screen was black and i could only hear sounds , and charging sound was repeating every 2-3 seconds..
    the phone totally gone i asked repair shop floor company that it could be they replaced caps ,filters but nothing so they determined that main A chip gone dead half way ..
    The signal trigger which is send to a chip to give information to wake up the screen and send signal back to screen ..
    I was proper angry !

What you can do but this is only 20% chance .. try to use another screen .. but what I think is that your phone gone ..

3. mikedahammer thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply....i have actually tried with no screen connected and still have the same issue. Seems like it should work but I am definitely not a phone expert. I wish there was a way to better diagnose and swap out parts easier. I feel like it is something small that can be easier fixed or bypassed but I can't figure it out. I may just have to sell on ebay.

4. Ethos Evoss macrumors regular

Ethos Evoss

best is to sell