Phone and MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by G.T., Nov 28, 2009.

1. G.T. macrumors 6502a

I didn't know where to put this so made it more relevant to me. My old Sony Ericsson (k700i and later k800i) I was able to use as a mouse, for my MBP, with the phones mini joy stick. This was through bluetooth.

The question I have now and if at all possible I have an LG Renoir (kc910) which has a touch screen and I would love to use it to control my MBP like before for things like front row. But also it is touchscreen so no joystick. The question is there a program anyone knows of I have looked. I thought about putting the Sony Ericsson app (cause it is java) on LG but then if it would run is built for button control.

I was then thinking as with the new magic mouse it must be possible for multi swipe to be incorporated? How does the magic mouse talk with computer, must be software on mac that recognises the touch swipes sent over bluetooth so this must be possible with a touch screen phone.

Anyone else curious of finding a solution?

OK well I just found this but I don't have iPhone, but uses wifi or ad hoc not bluetooth

http://www.mobileairmouse.com/

Here is a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj1Hh_2jKW0&feature=player_embedded#

Does no one know of any LG versions??

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. G.T. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool thanks and will have a look. I came across Salling Clicker but dismissed it cause of no LG support. I also found this thread but before I was trying to find this kind of solution hopefully if I read it properly I find out more :p. Also if u never said it is Salling Clicker I would have been calling it Sailing Clicker! for years to come lol

4. G.T. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey it worked but a couple of things. I don't allow me to move the cursor and it isn't free. But definitely a step in the right direction.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, sadly, the amount of computer-coordinated stuff you can do with an LG just isn't what it is on an iPhone, WinMo device, etc. It's just not a priority with them, from what I've seen....

6. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

I don't have an iPhone any more as they are just too common. I now have a trusty Prada phone and couldn't be happier. Notice that I don't boast about this in my signature unlike others.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

So the Prada is an LG phone... in some attempt to make your post even vaguely relevant to this thread, do you know about any applications that allow the kind of computer-phone interface the OP is looking for?