Phone # and other personal info on an iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by oberonpw, Dec 2, 2010.

1. oberonpw macrumors newbie

I recently jailbroke my iPhone and sshed into it and was wondering if somebody could tell me the directories that have information identifying the owner.

I'm wondering if there's a plist or other files that have my name, phone #, other personal info, etc. I looked at my keyboard cache recently and wasn't too happy about Apple keeping that stuff around!

2. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Sadly, I dont have the answer to your question. but i would love to know how to access this.

3. oberonpw thread starter macrumors newbie

4. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

The lockdownd.log will contain your phone number. As far as the rest of the private information, what do you mean? Much of the other information on the phone is stored in a series of sqlite databases, and the location is dependent upon the app that uses it. So if you have yourself in a contact in your address book, then it would be accessible in the AddressBook.sqlitedb file. The SMS's you send and receive are in the sms.db file.

I guess I don't know that there is any place specifically on the phone where you store you name, address, phone number, etc. All this data would be entered in separate applications, and the applications would store the data in their respective sandboxes.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Most of your personal information is stored in the /User/Library/ folder. In there is the files that holds your address book, calendar, text messages, and other settings. And as always, change your root/mobile password so nobody can get to those files.