Phone.app bug?? Can't hear on earpiece?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by cjc811wvfd73, Sep 25, 2013.

1. cjc811wvfd73 macrumors member

So I got an iphone 4. And I can't hear any calls on phone.app on the earpiece?? But it works with speakerphone? Any suggestions?

----------

Running ios 7 public release as well.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tried restarting the phone? Have you tried plugging and unplugging earphones in to see if that gets it to work again?

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Have you tried the phones on any other appliance - just to make sure they actually work?

4. cjc811wvfd73 thread starter macrumors member

Never use headphones on this phone, rebooted, and also flipped the mute toggle to see if that was a fix.. Nothing yet.

5. Lioncrazz macrumors member

I've had this problem on my iPhone 5 for months now. Definitely not ios 7 related.

6. snorkelman macrumors 6502a

snorkelman

what happens if you hit speakerphone twice (once to switch to speaker and second to go back to earpiece)

on my 5 under iOS6 that would normally get the earpiece working, though I ended up just taking it back to one of the local apple stores and got it swapped out under warranty

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Try plugging in ear phones anyway and taking them back out a few times, sometimes the phone might think they are connected even when they aren't--cleaning out that opening for earphones (and even the charging one) sometimes helps too.

Aside from that, it can very well be some sort of an actual hardware issue and you might need to get Apple to take a look at it and perhaps fix it or replace the phone even.

8. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

I had this happen on my 4 about 6 months after it came out. Same exact problem speaker phone worked and my bluetooth headset worked. Took it to an apple store and they exchanged it. The "genius" said they never heard of it happening before.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Happens enough. Just had an iPhone 5 replaced a week ago for the same exact issue.