Phone app crashing, yes I deleted Kate

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by palckofv, Feb 4, 2009.

1. palckofv macrumors regular

I just jailbroke my 2g phone for the first time yesterday. And I was loving it until I couldn't make a phone call today. I push phone and it comes up but on the dialer, the green button doesn't say call and none of the words are below the icons (contacts, vmail, etc.) after about 3 seconds it crashes. I did a search on this problem and found that kate causes this problem. I deleted Kate and rebooted the phone, still not working. Like I said I am new to this and don't always understand the lingo. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Sounds like a restore is in order. When your phone is back, don't install Kate. :)

3. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

I had the same problem. Start from scratch and re-do it but don't install Installer or Kate.

4. palckofv thread starter macrumors regular

Hey thanks for the replies but I've fixed it. :) In my day and a half of being jailbroken I've realized that installer sucks and I just went ahead and removed everything from installer and it then got killSB from cydia and restarted the springboard and it started to work :D I'm starting to kick myself for not doing this sooner, it's a lot of fun. My next challenge is getting nes roms onto the phone. thanks for the help.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Just so you know, Kate cannot just be simply deleted like other apps....