iPhone Phone App freezing in 7.1?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by KUguardgrl13, Apr 4, 2014.

1. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

It's only happened twice, but I've noticed that my iPhone 5 was freezing once when I was trying to answer a call and another time when I tried to hang up. Both times were with my boyfriend who also has an iPhone 5, but he's on t-mobile while I'm on Verizon. I don't think it's a carrier thing because they didn't happen before.

The time I tried to answer the call, my phone locked up (super laggy between the app I was using and switching to the phone), and I thought the battery had died (it was low at the time). But then I pressed the power/unlock button and it woke up like normal.

When I tried to answer the call, the screen was unresponsive. It then went black and I woke it up and it was fine. This time I had plenty of battery.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not totally pissed about it, but it's certainly annoying when the main function of a phone isn't working properly.

2. Silverrune macrumors regular

I would say it is a carrier thing, intact they probably share infrastructure. If it's only happening when placing calls that is. To be sure you can try to DFU restore the phone (completely wipe it) and install fresh again. I am not having an issue but it could be a bug on your phone.

3. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

4. KUguardgrl13 thread starter macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

It would be a strange carrier issue since it's never happened before last week. Updating to 7.1 is the only thing that's changed.

I'd rather not restore and set up as new because there's a game I play that stores progress locally instead of in the cloud or on their own server. Restoring would mean starting all over again on a game I've been playing for over a year. Silly, I know.

Maybe resetting network settings? I haven't done that in a while. Will I lose wifi passwords? They're in my keychain.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

resetting network settings will definitely wipe your wifi passwords.

6. KUguardgrl13 thread starter macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Dang. I'll wait until I get home then. My home wifi has a long password that I can't remember.

----------

I found this on the Apple Support Forums. It's from the 4S running iOS 5 mostly. Seems like the only fix they had was to restore or replace :/

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3521752

7. KUguardgrl13 thread starter macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Reset network settings with iCloud Keychain turned off (hopefully that saved passwords? I didn't want them deleted off my macs too). Will report back if
    I notice anything.