Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

504A!

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
New Orleans, LA
I'm currently on a jailbroken, unlocked 1st gen iphone on 2.0.1, don't know what happened, but now when i press the phone icon it starts by showing the keypad then crashes:mad:, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!:confused:

sixfootwunda

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2006
Dallas, Texas
it's good to hear this happened to someone else (misery loves company?) because i was going to go ape ish...

i had (key word) a jailbroken 3g that had this exact problem and the only way for me to get rid of it was to...

upgrade to 2.0.2...

didnt want to do it but i need to be able to dial out...

i hope someone here has a solution for you!

Van Wildonher

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2008
I had problems with this when I installed RIP Dev's Kate and whatever their mobile preferences thing is called. When I uninstalled it, it started working again.

504A!

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
New Orleans, LA
Attempting now!!

I had problems with this when I installed RIP Dev's Kate and whatever their mobile preferences thing is called. When I uninstalled it, it started working again.

Unistalled Kate and RiP dev prefs and still not able to access the phone:mad::confused: Dont want to upgrade to 2.0.2 until it can be jailbrkn, and unlocked yet, anyone else, Thx anyway Van:(

504A!

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
New Orleans, LA
will i have to upgrade or not?

can anyone help? i dont want to upgrade, but is that the only way to get my phone app workin again?

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008
Just upgrade. It wont be long before jailbreak is out. If i were to bet it would be next week. Those guys are amazing at cracking the firmware.

SIUGRAD99

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
no sympathy for someone who is using the phone in a form not intended by the provider. I'm guessin your not an AT&T customer and that is why you don't care to upgrade. You knew the risk when you messed with it, now you deal with the consequences.

JPIndustrie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2008
Queens, NY
no sympathy for someone who is using the phone in a form not intended by the provider. I'm guessin your not an AT&T customer and that is why you don't care to upgrade. You knew the risk when you messed with it, now you deal with the consequences.

Hey, can you hear me all the way up there, on your imaginary "I think I'm smarter than you" cloud?

Anyway - OP:

1. Just update it to 2.0.2, IMO - I think it's bit stabler than 2.0.1 anyway. That being said:

2. 2.0.2 has been jailbroken. Quickpwn, IMO is a far better solution than the complete .ipsw wipeout of WinPwn - it only jailbreaks an already restored phone, keeping any settings/changes intact.

504A!

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
New Orleans, LA
Thanx JP

Hey, can you hear me all the way up there, on your imaginary "I think I'm smarter than you" cloud?

Anyway - OP:

1. Just update it to 2.0.2, IMO - I think it's bit stabler than 2.0.1 anyway. That being said:

2. 2.0.2 has been jailbroken. Quickpwn, IMO is a far better solution than the complete .ipsw wipeout of WinPwn - it only jailbreaks an already restored phone, keeping any settings/changes intact.

I'm going to try Quickpwn when i get home:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.