Phone app not working!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 504A!, Aug 21, 2008.

1. 504A! macrumors member

504A!

I'm currently on a jailbroken, unlocked 1st gen iphone on 2.0.1, don't know what happened, but now when i press the phone icon it starts by showing the keypad then crashes:mad:, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!:confused:

2. sixfootwunda macrumors newbie

it's good to hear this happened to someone else (misery loves company?) because i was going to go ape ish...

i had (key word) a jailbroken 3g that had this exact problem and the only way for me to get rid of it was to...

upgrade to 2.0.2...

didnt want to do it but i need to be able to dial out...

i hope someone here has a solution for you!

3. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

I had problems with this when I installed RIP Dev's Kate and whatever their mobile preferences thing is called. When I uninstalled it, it started working again.

4. 504A! thread starter macrumors member

504A!

Attempting now!!

Unistalled Kate and RiP dev prefs and still not able to access the phone:mad::confused: Dont want to upgrade to 2.0.2 until it can be jailbrkn, and unlocked yet, anyone else, Thx anyway Van:(

5. 504A! thread starter macrumors member

504A!

will i have to upgrade or not?

can anyone help? i dont want to upgrade, but is that the only way to get my phone app workin again?

6. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Just upgrade. It wont be long before jailbreak is out. If i were to bet it would be next week. Those guys are amazing at cracking the firmware.

7. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

Restore it then man. I can almost guarantee that it is/was one of those apps.

8. SIUGRAD99 macrumors regular

no sympathy for someone who is using the phone in a form not intended by the provider. I'm guessin your not an AT&T customer and that is why you don't care to upgrade. You knew the risk when you messed with it, now you deal with the consequences.

9. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Hey, can you hear me all the way up there, on your imaginary "I think I'm smarter than you" cloud?

Anyway - OP:

1. Just update it to 2.0.2, IMO - I think it's bit stabler than 2.0.1 anyway. That being said:

2. 2.0.2 has been jailbroken. Quickpwn, IMO is a far better solution than the complete .ipsw wipeout of WinPwn - it only jailbreaks an already restored phone, keeping any settings/changes intact.

10. 504A! thread starter macrumors member

504A!

Thanx JP

I'm going to try Quickpwn when i get home:cool: