Phone app won't play sound through headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ambrose Chapel, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

weird little problem...

i can't get sound via headphones from the iphone 3G (running whatever is the latest version of 2.x) from only the phone app. people can hear me if i talk into the mic, i can't hear them. can't hear the dialtone or ringer if i make a call but i can hear the touchtone sound if i dial from the keypad. everything works fine when i take the headphones out and use the iphone's earpiece. tried both the apple earbuds and my sennheiser mm50 ip.

other apps (ipod, youtube, bloom) all play sound fine through the headphones. it's only the phone app. i haven't done any updates, OS or App-wise since the last time it was working fine. i've resynced with itunes, rebooted, reset, everything but restored. any ideas? anybody else have this problem? thanks!

2. Ambrose Chapel thread starter macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

if anyone's interested...

took it in this morning, the geniuses had never seen this issue before. a full restore didn't work so they just replaced my phone. at least i got a fresh battery now!