phone audio stuck on 'speaker'

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macpluslaptop, Sep 17, 2008.

1. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502

Yesterday my phone suddenly got stuck on speakerphone. It won't give me any other audio output options (usually, I get 3 - iphone, speaker, and my bluetooth headset device).

Any thoughts? I'm really hoping it's something simple, so that I don't have to restore (what with the apps I've got). I've searched the forums but can't find this issue.

Thanks in advance.:confused:

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It should be as easy as taping speaker phone when on the phone and it should switch back to earpiece or give you the options. Beyond that, I would restore, all the apps are on your computer, so there is nothing to loose.

TEG

3. macpluslaptop thread starter macrumors 6502

I did tap the speaker icon, but the iphone is unresponsive. I guess I'll try to restore.

4. macidiot macrumors 6502a

I have the exact same problem. It gets stuck on speaker.

I try to make a bluetooth call and it sticks on speaker. I try to switch it, and it doesn't work. Just stays on speaker.

I disable bluetooth and try to make a regular call, and its stuck on speaker.

This is intermittent, so really annoying.

Did you find a solution?

5. Digitaldiver macrumors newbie

Same problem on iOS 5.01 on a 4s

Initiating a call on headset (either bluetooth or wired), the phone locks up on speaker, but with no fuctioning mike. I can hear the other party on the call, but they can't hear me. Switching back to the phone, unplugging the headset or switching off bluetooth has no effect. I have to reboot the phone to clear the condition. I've restored from scratch, even replaced the phone and still have the same fault. It's clearly a software bug.

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

try hard reset the phone and see if it fixes the issue.