Phone been running slow, thinking about restore from new

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wtmcghee, Apr 19, 2011.

1. wtmcghee macrumors member

I've been searching for similar questions but have been coming up with a mixed bag. I want to restore my phone maybe from new but not sure. Its been kind of running sluggish recently (iPhone 4) even after a restart and closing all apps manually and latest software. I'm kind of concerned about doing a new restore. I've never done either (new or back up) and I'm mostly worried about my notes (has info for work) and work mail/contacts getting wiped. I'm just wondering if I do a new restore and then plug up to sync will I be ok with all my concerns (notes, mail, contacts, pics) after syncing back up? Thanks in advance for the help.

2. sadievan macrumors regular

I recently purchased DiskAid and it lets you copy notes, camera roll, contacts, etc.

Carol

3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Do you sync to a Mac or a PC?

I can't speak for a PC but if you sync to a Mac all of your notes can easily be synced back if you restore and "Set up as a new phone".

I recently had to do this with my 3GS since I had been having some problems and I have some important notes for work as well, everything resynced perfectly.

4. wtmcghee thread starter macrumors member

I'm on a Mac. So if I restore from new when I resync everything will just go back, notes, mail, pics etc?

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Yes, everything will sync back up as long as you have the options chosen correctly.

6. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yes, notes sync through your Mail application on your Mac.