Phone call from me calling me?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DotCom2, Mar 10, 2018.

1. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

I got a call on my iPhone last night and it was me calling me. About 5 minutes later it happened again. I texted my daughter and she said WEIRD! About 20 minutes later, she texted back that it just happened to her as well! Has this happened to anyone else and what causes this?

2. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

Scammers spoofing numbers to try to swindle you by either claiming to be Windows Support or the IRS, especially now that tax season is round the corner.

3. BasicGreatGuy, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018

BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Sounds like the early symptoms of a split personality. ;)

I agree with the previous poster. Scammer spoofing numbers.

4. NoBoMac macrumors 68020

NoBoMac

As mentioned, number spoofing by scammers/telemarketers. Same has happened to me in the past.

Get a call blocker app that send calls to voicemail that start with the same first six digits as your number but allows calls from people in your Contacts through. I use Hiya and have been happy with it. Others recommend NoMoRobo.

5. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

Scammers have been doing this for years; you're lucky if you're just seeing it now!

6. DotCom2 thread starter macrumors 68040

I guess you’re right. I have been lucky. Never had it happen before and was a bit FREAKY really.
    Thank you all.