Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beosound3200

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
when i try talking with someone through my mac, they say they cant hear me, that the quality is very bad, well style, but when i try to record myself with photobooth, the quality of the audio is very good. anyone experiences this?

Cancelled
Jul 3, 2013
How did you get this to work?

Currently using an iPhone 5S with iOS 8.0.2 and a 2013 rMBP with Yosemite PB4.

What do I need to enable etc?

beosound3200

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2010

iphone cellular calls under facetime in the settings app on the iphone, facetime preferences on the mac also. thats it i think, but its unusable since no one can hear me

mitchsaunders

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
when i try talking with someone through my mac, they say they cant hear me, that the quality is very bad, well style, but when i try to record myself with photobooth, the quality of the audio is very good. anyone experiences this?

i experienced this back in like DP4 or something with my mac, and iOS 8 beta 4 for my 4S. But ever since iOS 8 public was released and DP8 and into the GM for Yosemite, it's been all clear for me. Even my iPod touch is in sync.

I've called my friend from my mac who at the time was on the edge of any signal, and I had 3 bars of my cellular network and he could hear me crisp and clear. I think it just depends on your network connection on your phone (cellular not wifi) and maybe your mac's wifi connection, not too sure.

----------

I got it to work by having the right settings enabled (iPhone cellular calls etc enabled on both devices.)

Also good to be on the same wifi, if you have more than one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.