Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
With AT&T wifi calling enabled the watch automatically hands off the call to the iPhone. Took me a while to figure this out, my watch would handoff the call to my iPhone and I had no idea why. I disabled wifi calling and now it's all good. Hopefully Apple will fix this. Let me know if the same happens to you.

douglasf13

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
I just turned mine on to try. I was able to call my wife directly from my wrist, and then she called me, and I answered on my wrist. No issues either way. Granted, I don't know if the phone was using wifi or LTE, but wifi calling is enabled on my phone.

Irock619

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I just turned mine on to try. I was able to call my wife directly from my wrist, and then she called me, and I answered on my wrist. No issues either way. Granted, I don't know if the phone was using wifi or LTE, but wifi calling is enabled on my phone.

I restarted both my phone and watch then enabled wifi calling and tried again and it worked fine, interesting! When I tried it earlier it would handoff the call to my phone. I guess this problem is intermittent and the reset fixed it. Oh well....thanks for trying.

Reactions: douglasf13

douglasf13

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
I restarted both my phone and watch then enabled wifi calling and tried again and it worked fine, interesting! When I tried it earlier it would handoff the call to my phone. I guess this problem is intermittent and the reset fixed it. Oh well....thanks for trying.

Hey, thanks for letting me know that att wifi calling is enabled. I had missed that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.