Phone calls

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gw0gvq, Mar 14, 2019.

1. gw0gvq Contributor

gw0gvq

if you answer a phone call on an Apple Watch can it be transferred after for you to carry on with the call on your iPhone if it is also with you and switch off the call on your Apple Watch after transferring it.

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

3. StumpyBloke macrumors 6502a

StumpyBloke

You can’t transfer it from the watch to the phone (via the watch), but if you go to the phone app (on the phone), or press the green phone icon top left of the screen then it automatically transfers it from the watch.

4. gw0gvq, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019

gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

--- Post Merged, Mar 14, 2019 ---
    Thanks, I thought so but if you do that will it cut off the watch speaker so you can have a private conversation on your iPhone? btw. what icon at top of the screen ? on the watch or iPhone, please?

5. MisterSavage macrumors 6502

MisterSavage

Exactly this. I do this when I've got my hands full at the moment and need to answer with my watch but want to continue the conversation on my phone.

6. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

I see that's why I wanted to know. But where exactly is the green phone icon you're on about? Top left of Phone app or Watch app?

7. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

He’s talking about the green call button at the top left corner when you’re on a call and go to the home page.

8. StumpyBloke macrumors 6502a

StumpyBloke

Yes this

9. MisterSavage macrumors 6502

MisterSavage

It's really easy to do a test run of this. Just use your watch to make a phone call (Hey Siri call _____). Once the call connects just hit the green phone icon in the top left corner of your iPhone. The green icon shows up when I'm in other apps also. It doesn't have to be the home screen.