Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Do you guys think that the color of your phone...aka having the white iPhone will give a more negitive impression than a black iPhone in a professional work environment?

Personally I dont think anyone should give a $*!@ about what color phone you have, but I do think the black would be percieved as more "professional" in a suit and tie environment

Thoughts?

rfrankl

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2006
It's like saying does the attractive lady have a better shot at a promotion than the ugly lady. You can be judged on almost anything nowdays, right or wrong.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
I agree that black is more professional. Depends on your work environment if you'll get judged by the color of your phone though :D

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
What is a professional look at one workplace might be laughed out of town at another. Like if you wore a blazer, white shirt, tie and khaki pants to work as an auto mechanic, people would well and truly wonder what was wrong with you. They would never get around to wondering why you also carried a white phone. But I guess if I were an auto mechanic, I would get the black one...

tknice

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
I know this isn't the question you are asking, but black definitely presents the screen better. It's the same reason movie theaters have black screen walls--to increase perceived contrast.

Put simply, would you like to see a beautiful picture on the black or white version?

There's no comparison to me, black all the way.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
I know this isn't the question you are asking, but black definitely presents the screen better. It's the same reason movie theaters have black screen walls--to increase perceived contrast.

Put simply, would you like to see a beautiful picture on the black or white version?

There's no comparison to me, black all the way.

I agree too, and I will be getting the black unless for some reason the white blows me away in store, I was just wondering what people thought.

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
Really? You're worried about the color? With all those bedazzled cases?

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I think both colors are simple and clean making it professional. If they came in colors, then that would look unprofessional.

sarcosis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2006
These United States
I think both colors are simple and clean making it professional. If they came in colors, then that would look unprofessional.

Agreed. It's not like you are getting a hot pink color. That would be...yeah let's just leave it at that. Black is professional. White is professional as well. It's how you carry yourself. Don't let it bother you as long as you can justify it to yourself. Worse comes to worse, stick a cover over it and no one knows the difference. BTW, I'm getting a white one and I work in a professional environment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.