Phone constantly poping up with "this accessory is not made to work with iphone"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 199708, Nov 10, 2009.

1. 199708 macrumors 6502

From just today I've been getting this msg every 30seconds on my phone. Nothing is plugged into it. I've restored it and still the same issue at hand.

I've added three screen shots, that's worth about 3000 words as they say.

I should add its a 32g 3gs

Any advice?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 199708 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've plugged in the USB cable to the power and computer, charged it alittle, have dont a hard reset. the problem still continues.

I should add its a 32g 3gs

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You restored as new?

Have you had any water damage? I believe that message can come up if you get water damage.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, looks like you might have a hardware issue.
    Also on the 1st picture I see that the phone is searching for signal from the carrier.
    Did you have any accidents with it like water or the phone beeing dropped etc...

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Is there anything in your dock connector that could be crossing wires?

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I had the exact same problem on my first gen iphone. It occurred after I charged the phone. Out of the blue. Was on the line with tech support as we went through everything. I ended up sending it in for repair. We could not get it to go away no matter what we did.

- reset
    - restore
    - hard reset

Nothing worked.

7. 199708 thread starter macrumors 6502

-No water damage, hasn't been near any water/rain or anything.
    -No signal in my toilet. that's when i took the first screen shot trying to figure out what happen while sitting on my throne.
    -Been cased, never dropped. have a nice thick rubber casing around it. not a scratch on it.

8. 199708 thread starter macrumors 6502

How do I get in there? cotton bud wont fit. :(

9. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

my 3G does this from time to time when it rains.....very aggravating

10. 199708 thread starter macrumors 6502

well it is raining outside today ;)
    i just hope when it rains it doesn't pour. I want the rest of the day to end on a good note.

11. trouty500 macrumors newbie

I also had this come up for a few days, took me ages to sort but found a few people say the same thing, i had put it into a stereo via a dock which hadnt been used in a while which had become all dusty. This then stayed on the connections on my phone. Can use compressed air to get it out or i just used a toothpic carefully.

12. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

A lot of dirt builds up in the dock connector, just blow into it a few times, should sort it.

13. csd1971 macrumors newbie

Try using an alcohol pad..the thin kind that would be used at drs office that comes out of the small square foil package. Wrap it around a toothpick or something. It will clean it but dries very quickly. I had similar issue although I actually did drop my phone in the toilet! The advice was to put phone in a bag of rice which worked to dry out phone but then I kept getting the same error message. After cleaning out dock connector the error stopped. Good Luck!

14. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Use a small paint brush. Or use air from an air can. Don't blow in it.