"Phone Contacts" faster than Contacts App after 2.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redman042, Sep 14, 2008.

1. redman042 macrumors 68020

I have over 600 contacts (I have built a huge list at work). I had a pretty big contacts lag problem before 2.1. After 2.1 it is much better, but when I open the contacts app, I still have a few seconds of lag before I can scroll. However if I click Phone and get to contacts from there, it is instantly ready to scroll (except after a phone reboot, it does lag the first time).

I take it these are truly two different programs that access contacts, and the phone one keeps running in the background while the contacts app shuts down each time.

Anyone notice this?

2. atluten macrumors 6502

I noticed the same thing. I still have a lag in the Contacts app. It's a 3 second lag in which I'm able to see my contacts but I am unable to do anything with the list (selecting, scrolling). My contacts list is very small at the moment, <50 entries. I also see the same thing you are seeing in that accessing contacts from the Phone app has no lag whatsoever.

3. icewing macrumors 6502

Same here. I'm guessing you're right about the Phone app caching the contacts, so there's no delay showing Caller when a call is received. Rebooting the phone decreases the Contacts lag for me a little, to around 1-2 seconds. It's still worlds better than before 2.1, but I'd still like it to be faster.

4. redman042 thread starter macrumors 68020

Sounds like it's consistent for everyone. Well at least there is a way to get lag-free contacts. It's a little weird that the contacts app works differently, but oh well.