phone crashes after jailbreak any ideas

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mrpoovey, Oct 20, 2008.

1. mrpoovey macrumors newbie

ok so I jailbroke my iphone and everything went perfectly fine... untill the next day I was at work and could use my phone and then all of a sudden it would crash, kinda like some apps would do right when you load them and then the app would show up then crash and return to home screen... anyone know how to fix this or whats causing it?

2. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

It could either be from one of the apps or you could always try restoring and re-jailbreak. Did you happen to install Kate or even Installer? I think both of those have been advised against. I've noticed some lag from mine since jailbreaking and it takes a bit longer to boot up, but no crashing.

3. mrpoovey thread starter macrumors newbie

i installed installer but only cause that was put on with quickpwn... and yes i did kate as well... i have just finishing restoring and now re-jailin i will now stay away from kate... thanks...

and yes it lags so much more jailbroken than non... kinda stinks. but i understand why

4. dark4sorrow macrumors newbie

I was having the same problem. My "phone" kept crashing out after a few seconds after I tried starting it... every single time. I couldn't get to the Keypad, Recent, Favorites, etc..

I uninstalled "Kate" and everything went back to being fine. It's still Jailbroken and everything else seems to work just fine now that I have removed "Kate" from the "Installer".

To uninstall "Kate", just click on the "Installer" app and find the "Utilities -> Kate". Click on that and in the upper right hand corner click on "Uninstall". Wait for that, click out of it, and it should automatically reboot. All done.

Btw, thanks for the tip on the "Kate" problem. Silly Kate.

5. daisuke07 macrumors regular

Kate is a piece of ****. I had the same problem.

6. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

7. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Wish I would have read this before I installed Kate... How do you uninstall Installer?

8. kruder macrumors newbie

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

*Kicked Kate to the Kurb* 2 minutes after I installed that piece of $hi%. Kate app still stinks...:eek:

10. raclotz macrumors member

raclotz

11. ssjs macrumors newbie

My iPhone 2G became unstable after firmware 2.2.1 update and jailbreaking with QuickPWN
    it started with random unresponsiveness (usually resolved by turning off and on the phone again)
    and ended up with a lock-up at the Phone application, and the Home button didn't work

I tried to unlock the phone again with QuickPWN (which on second thought, was not exactly the best idea, should have tried restoring or what)
    everything went fine until after following the instructions on the "Read to PWN" page

[​IMG]

it was unsuccessful, and it allowed me to re-run the process again but was again successful.
    by then the iPhone screen went off, and could not be turned on.
    I managed to get to the screens with the Apple logo and "=> iTunes", by pressing the Power and Home buttons, but that's all I could do.

Can somebody please help? THANKS a million

12. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Well start off by getting a clean restore by putting it into DFU mode, and connecting it to itunes to reload the stock 2.2.1 firmware. Then start all over again.

13. ssjs macrumors newbie

The problem is the iPhone is locked in the Apple logo and "=> iTunes" screen, and my PC/iTunes can't recognise the phone