Phone deactivates when powered off... What's the deal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knowlege Bomb, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Every time my phone is turned off, when I power it back on it says a different SIM is detected and I get the plug into iTunes screen...

Anybody know what I need to do? I'm a strong believer in the "reset frequently for top performance" method.

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Letting us know which phone and which OS you have would be really handy.

3. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

4. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

5. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

This happened to me a couple of times on my 3G over the last year. I would restart it again and it would be OK. I never did figure out what the problem was but it was so infrequent that it didn't really bother me.

Have you tried removing your SIM, cleaning it off, and carefully putting it back in? I remember reading some threads in the past where some iPhone problems were caused by a SIM that was not seated properly. Give that a shot and see if it does any good.

Hope this helps,

John

6. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I appreciate your response.

I had that happen with my 3G a couple random times as well. It's definitely the same behavor here except that this is every time and restarting, no matter how many times, does nothing.

I suppose I can go get another SIM from AT&T but I did that once already after the one sent with my phone hadn't activated after almost 48 hrs...

7. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

Did you try taking it out, cleaning it off, then putting it back in? Look inside the SIM slot and make sure there's no debris in there that may be the problem?

If so, make an appointment with Apple and see if you can get the phone replaced.