Phone dies at 70% or more

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BPS611, Mar 27, 2017.

1. BPS611 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have an upcoming reservation at the apple store, but I hate going there so I figured as a last resort I would see if anyone else is experiencing this problem and knows a fix. I've searched everywhere, including this forum without luck. My phone dies once it reaches around the low 70%'s, and asks me to plug it in before it can turn back on. I know this is a bug with older phones and articles say the 7 is immune, but mines experiencing the problem.

First I tried to upgrade to the newest 10.3 beta software to see if 10.2.1 was the issue, no luck. Then I tried a DFU reset and set the iPhone up as new, but no luck there either. I also tried replacing my charger, no luck there. I noticed this morning it actually lost battery life while it was plugged in.

I connected with an apple agent yesterday through my phone and he said the battery itself is fine when he ran a diagnostics check, which is why they scheduled an appointment for me. Any help would be appreciated! Thank You.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

What iPhone do you have? I'm assuming the 7 based on what you said.

But yeah definitely hardware. If it's the 7, they'll 100% be able to fix it free of charge as it'll still be under warranty.

3. BPS611 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, my fault, it's the 7 plus. I guess there's only so much these guys can with a remote access diagnostics so yeah, hopefully they can just replace it.

4. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

I had that exact problem 2 years ago with a 5s. As I had Apple Care, Apple gave me a refurb replacement.

5. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Definitely sounds like a hardware issue. I'm sure Apple will either fix or replace it. Be sure and back it up before your appointment.