Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Anyone have this happen? It happens a few times a week for both my iPad and iPhone, get tons of screenshots of my lock screen and it's really irritating. Feels like this has occurred on and off since iOS 8 but iOS 9 made it worse/come back

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Anyone have this happen? It happens a few times a week for both my iPad and iPhone, get tons of screenshots of my lock screen and it's really irritating. Feels like this has occurred on and off since iOS 8 but iOS 9 made it worse/come back

Seems like its taking awhile to register that you pressed the home button so when you press the lock button it takes a screenshot instead. I wouldn't rule out a hardware issue though even though having both your iPhone and iPad have that issue.

What model iPhone & iPad do you have?

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Seems like its taking awhile to register that you pressed the home button so when you press the lock button it takes a screenshot instead. I wouldn't rule out a hardware issue though even though having both your iPhone and iPad have that issue.

What model iPhone & iPad do you have?
iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2. I believe it has occurred in iOS 8 just not nearly as much. My iPhone does it more than my iPad, but both do it. I also realized that one time when I let my phone turn on by itself without trying the sleep wake button, after several seconds it came on but already had slide to unlock where usually nothing is at the bottom because it's waiting for Touch ID. Maybe something with that timer before slide to unlock appears is causing issues? That still doesn't explain the behavior on my iPad mini 2 though, it doesn't have Touch ID.

Home button always functions perfectly fine with exiting apps etc, it's just several times a week, sometimes twice in the same day, the lock screen doesn't come up properly. Majority of the time it's fine though. Extremely weird.

asv56kx3088

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
I believe it's a bug in iOS 9.
And my remedy for this is clicking the home button like a mad man.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

I remember that problem in the betas but haven't seen it in the public releases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.