Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
how do I get to my favorite numbers on my PHONE, you know, the thing I make calls with.

It's great that I can now play Papi Jump and Facebook too, but I'd like to be able to access my freaking favorite numbers.

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Apple believes Multitasking > Calling all your friends fast

And what Apple believes is right, is always right.... Right?

cmwall

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
how do I get to my favorite numbers on my PHONE, you know, the thing I make calls with.

It's great that I can now play Papi Jump and Facebook too, but I'd like to be able to access my freaking favorite numbers.

You pretty much can't.

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
You gotta be kidding me. No more favorites in anywhere remotely useful?

Lol, I love my iphone, but I probably doubletap to get to my favorites more than any other function on the phone. My wife's number is right on top, I can double tap and hit the top without having to look.

Laaaaaaame

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
yeah one of the first things ive tried.

does not work. even after a restart.

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Is clicking the phone icon which is most likely in your dock much more difficult then hitting the home button twice? What am I missing here? If you last used the Favorites section of the phone that section will load up first.

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Back in April when that post was written, it was true. It is not true as of beta 3.
Doh *runs into the corner and hides*

Well then hopefully someone creates app (or there might already be one) where you can just have that app in your dock all the time so when you click you have all your Favorite Contacts right there

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Is clicking the phone icon which is most likely in your dock much more difficult then hitting the home button twice? What am I missing here? If you last used the Favorites section of the phone that section will load up first.

Do that without looking. One of the few things you can do on the iphone without how to look at it.

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Can't I just can't I just can't I just can't I just...

THE FEATURE HAS BEEN HERE FOR 3+ years.

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC

Sean Dempsey said:

Do that without looking. One of the few things you can do on the iphone without how to look at it.

Oh okay I see what your saying then. At least your better off then me who had my double tap set to the camera. Now I have to waste my home page real estate with the camera app. I agree that it's always annoying when a new version of an OS actually takes away a feature but IMO it's worth it having the quick app switcher since I'm generally using the same 4 apps or so at all times.

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006

Oh okay I see what your saying then. At least your better off then me who had my double tap set to the camera. Now I have to waste my home page real estate with the camera app. I agree that it's always annoying when a new version of an OS actually takes away a feature but IMO it's worth it having the quick app switcher since I'm generally using the same 4 apps or so at all times.

That doesn't make sense. What 4 apps do you need running together that would require multitasking over just switching apps?

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Gahhhhh, 10 different times so far today I've gone to doubleclick my favorites while driving or doing something only for that freaking multitask bar to pop up.

In 2.5 years of owning an iphone, I've never felt the need to multitask. And yet, in 1 day, they remove the most useful feature OF WHAT IS FOREMOST A GODDAMN TELEPHONE.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Gahhhhh, 10 different times so far today I've gone to doubleclick my favorites while driving or doing something only for that freaking multitask bar to pop up.

In 2.5 years of owning an iphone, I've never felt the need to multitask. And yet, in 1 day, they remove the most useful feature OF WHAT IS FOREMOST A GODDAMN TELEPHONE.

SHould not have updated to ios4, then.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
seriously do we have to hear the whining? for a very small number of people this is nothing more than an inconvenience, and to the rest of us its nothing... nothing at all.

You will adapt. plus if you cant hit the phone icon and tap your wifes name without looking you gotta work on your touchscreen use.

Star-fire

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Oh I think it's a nuisance to a lot more people then you think. It is my only complaint about iOS4, it drives me nuts too. At least let me set the triple click to that, I don't need reverse colors, etc.

Even sent an email to sjobs about that, meh will it make a difference, probably not but worth a try.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008

Just because its the most useful feature to you doesn't mean the masses feel that way. I've had all three iphones and I've never used the double tap feature.

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Just because its the most useful feature to you doesn't mean the masses feel that way. I've had all three iphones and I've never used the double tap feature.

Be sure to tell your 9000 facebook friends.

WHAT?!?! OVER 9000!?!?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.