Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbarresi19

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
It seems that anytime i have more than like 7 apps running in multitasking and I go to close them all my phone freezes after closing 2 or 3 apps and the only why to get it to respond is to do a hard reset. Should i exchange it or has someone come across this?

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Happened to me too once. I think the trick is to not close them so quickly in succession. Do each one slowly and give a half second for the icon to disappear before closing another.

CT1stMaxedOut09

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2010
Connecticut
It seems that anytime i have more than like 7 apps running in multitasking and I go to close them all my phone freezes after closing 2 or 3 apps and the only why to get it to respond is to do a hard reset. Should i exchange it or has someone come across this?

I have this same problem sometimes and it is extreamly annoying. If you do not do the hard reset yourself your phone will shut off anyways and you'll have to turn it back on (at least that is what mind does). Just tried close the open apps and just what froze!

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
Happened to me too once. I think the trick is to not close them so quickly in succession. Do each one slowly and give a half second for the icon to disappear before closing another.

Happens to me every day. I just close them way too quick. Youve gotta do that and close them slow.

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
Mine does it when closing apple apps. I tried closing the SMS app the other day and it froze and I had to do a hard reset. Tried it again just now and the same thing happened. But when I close third party apps it doesn't seem to happen to me. Weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.