Phone Frozen...Help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cynr4eva, Jul 13, 2008.

1. cynr4eva macrumors member

So I just installed Facebook and after 2 min. of using it, my phone went to a black screen with the loading circle in the middle. That was over a half hr ago. I've tried everything I could think of to get it back but nothing's worked (charge, sync with iTunes, power off, sleep, etc). Any suggstions?

2. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular

Have you tried to reset it?

to reset the iphone, press and hold both the HOME and POWER BUTTON at the same time.

3. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

sorry to jack the thread. but what does resetting do actually

4. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular

Similar to a computer, it forces the iphone to restart the whole operating system, so a force restart.

5. cynr4eva thread starter macrumors member

finally came back. That was annoying...I thought that holding the home and power button ='s power off, only power button sleeps it? (iPhone noob, sorry).

6. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular

Well it will put the iphone to off, but if you hold Home and Power long enough, it will reboot itself. I usually hold both until I see it turn off and restart with the apple logo. Hope this worked, if not, let me know

-Crai(g)

7. cynr4eva thread starter macrumors member

Yea, that is actually what got it unfrozen. Thanks for your help.

So to summarize, there's 3 different ways to "turn off" the iPhone. Clicking the power button sleeps it, clicking power and home together for a bit powers off, and holding the two reboots. Correct?

Edit: Just thought of another question...What exactly is sleep mode? Do you still receive calls in it? If so, what is the point of it? Thanks again for your help.

8. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular

Holding HOME and POWER for a few seconds will force it off (5-8 Seconds),
    Holding HOME and POWER for a more than a few seconds (10-15 seconds) will force it off, and force it to reboot.

9. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular