Phone Gets Real Warm, Fresh 5.1.1 JB Sprint 4S

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by johnny hotsauce, May 27, 2012.

1. johnny hotsauce macrumors regular

I have a nice and fresh JB on 5.1.1 and this phone gets really warm, almost hot right by where the SIM card drawer is. The only tweak I currently have on this is SBSettings and it was doing that before I installed SBSettings.

I had the same problem starting a month ago when I was JB on 5.0.1 and I just figured it was a bad Cydia tweak and I couldn't pin down the culprit but now that the phone has a fresh install of 5.1.1 and basically nothing installed from Cydia except for what comes with Cydia I'm confused as to what might be causing this. Battery drains really fast as well, nothing like the great battery life I was getting prior to having the hot phone issue last month.

Any one else running into something like this? I wonder if I have a hardware issue...?

TIA for any feedback.

2. MRiOS macrumors regular

I've noticed the same thing happens with mine as well (verizon 4S), though I did note that I've been stock iOS until the 5.1.1 JB and I noticed this happening even while not jailbroken. It also mainly happens when I'm using 3G not so much when on WiFi. I usually just set it down someplace and let it cool down for a few minutes and all is fine.

3. johnny hotsauce thread starter macrumors regular

I wanted to test out my theory that the battery life is worse so I charged up the phone to 100% and then took it off the charger at midnight and then went to bed with the phone on standby and when I woke up this morning at 9AM it was down to 49% and there was nothing running in the background and the phone was connected to wifi while on standby.

Something is definitely wierd.

4. MRiOS macrumors regular

something must be up with your battery. I haven't been experiencing any noticeable battery depletion. I took mine off the charger this morning around 9 and have used it for about 45 minutes (combined time over the day) and it's only down to 85% at 3PM.

5. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Wifi turns itself off on standby so it was on 3G most of that time.

I also notice however that my battery does drain fairly quickly. I feel like it's more the design of the 4S than the jailbreak.

6. johnny hotsauce thread starter macrumors regular

your right, forgot that abou the wifi. I'm not sure if it's the 4S, my battery was great on 5.0 through 5.0.1 up until a month ago on 5.0.1 when it started to act odd, I figured I just had a jacked up Cydia tweak but I ruled that out with 5.1.1 with no Cydia apps installed at all except SBSettings>

7. SleekB macrumors member

SleekB

The more you load up the phone with apps and tweaks, and the more you have things opened in background while using an app, the more the battery will get warm.

Yes the battery isn't the best, but it was also not designed for a billion jailbroken apps to be installed and running at the same time :p