Phone is bricked?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by thomamon, Oct 20, 2014.

1. thomamon macrumors 65816

thomamon

So I was doing the OTA update and it seemed to be doing along fine, until a screen came up that is showing me to plug the phone into iTunes. I have attempted that and its telling me "The iPhone software update server could not be contacted."

So now I have a phone with the attached picture and I can't do anything else. Should I head to the apple store?

Attached Files:

2. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

Mine kept saying that, "he iPhone software update server could not be contacted", and I kept trying about 10 times before it finally connected.

Keep trying to see what happens.

3. Mr Hands macrumors regular

Busy server I'm sure. Wait it out a bit and try again. :)

4. bd4 macrumors member

Same problem here. My iPhone 5s started to install the update and then I had a black screen. I rebooted it and it said that I have not enough memory for the update (???). So I deleted some things and tried to install it again, getting the same screen as in #1.

Now iTunes is restoring the phone, the server seems quite busy.

What the hell are they doing at Apple? Even a simple software update doesn't work...

5. Jman13 macrumors 68000

The activation servers are hammered right now. I have downloaded the update but can't contact the servers either. Give it a little while and eventually they'll not be so overloaded and you'll be able to update.

Actually, after trying again, I just got through, so keep trying and you'll eventually be able to restore through iTunes. (I did exit iTunes and restart it between failing and success)

6. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

Finally got it to go through and its not good.

iTunes finally tried to update it, but it failed. Said I have to restore my phone to factory defaults to update.

Ugh, pain in my ass.