Phone is dead every morning

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by henneth, Dec 2, 2010.

1. henneth, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010

henneth macrumors member

My phone has been behaving most ****ily recently with two main problems:

1.) Sometimes the internet or data does not work unless I reboot the phone.

2.) Even worse, every morning when I wake up, the phone is dead. I have to hold the home and power button to get it to restart and wake up. It seems if it is not used for a number of hours it just dies - Or my room is too cold and it freezes to death. Anyone heard of this problem? The phone is a refurb from apple, after I exhanced my original one due to green/blue camera tint.

I am currently on greenpoison, jailobroken 4.1, and wish to stay on it. However, to cure these ailments, I want to restore and re-jailbreak. This is probably an elementary question, but once I click restore in itunes, how can I get it to install 4.1 and not 4.2? I have Blobs saved on Cydia, but dont really have any idea what to do with them.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Zephyras macrumors newbie

3. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

4. henneth thread starter macrumors member

Haha, really? I had a feeling it was the cold, and then dismissed it because I thought a phone switching off because it was cold sounded silly. Tonight, I will place it under a jumper or something (hahaha) and see if the same thing happens.

Also, thanks to WhatAmI for the link, very informative. Looks like a lot, and I am at work, so I guess I will scan it later.

5. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

with a bedroom that chilly I'm surprised they don't have to jump-start you as well...:rolleyes:

6. henneth thread starter macrumors member

Haha yeah, its so bloody cold at the moment, plus my boiler has packed up. I sleep in a coat as well as my duvet :cool:. Perhaps my phone was a little bit too cold:confused:. As far as the internet and data issues go, I guess thats just a software thing that a restore needs to fix.

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Tiny Umbrella saves your blobs locally; no editing of host file necessary.

8. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

How cold is cold? Because my phone regularly survives nights at 30F - and still has juice to spare in the AM.

Do you sleep in a meat locker?

How good is your signal where you're putting the phone over night? If it's got lousy signal and it's pinging the tower constantly or fetching, that'll kill it.