Phone is Eligible for ATT Upgrade - Not going to do it - How many understand that?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nostresshere, Sep 22, 2014.

1. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Sure, one of our lines is a Iphone 4 and can get an upgrade. But, we can not afford it, even if the phone was $1 on a new contract.

Most of the folks here understand why. How many think I am stupid to not do the upgrade?

2. iregret macrumors 6502a

I'm not even sure what you're talking about. LOL

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There's nothing stupid about that.
    Its actually smart to only purchase products and services that you can afford.
    If you cannot, then do the smart thing and only get what you need and what you feel comfortable with.
    You dont need to explain your financial situation or your decisions to anyone.

4. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I would upgrade. Let's assume you get the 64gb 6 plus, it would cost you $399 with a 2 yr contract. You can then sell the phone for about 900$. Then switch that line back to a dumb phone. Sure you'll pay $10 a month on that line but if you figure in 2 years, that's 240$. So $432 with tax for the phone plus $240 in fees=672$. You end up netting about $200. Not sure if it's worth it but $200 ain't too bad for not much work.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Not sure what the question is, but there is no reason to upgrade if you're fine with your current device or your financial situation does not allow it.