iPhone Phone just started crashing to safe mode after every respring...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JrFreak, May 1, 2014.

1. JrFreak macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

My i5 just started to crash to safe mode after every respring. I was playing with two tweaks just before this started happening. Springpaper and Statusweather. I had Springpaper disabled to see if it was causing my recent battery drain issues. I noticed Statusweather wasn't updating... I had disabled location services which was probably causing that. I turned location services back on and that's when the crashing started (I think). I removed Springpaper and Statusweather but it still keeps crashing.

Any ideas other than removing every tweak one by one? These were the only 2 tweaks I was messing with... well, and I had updated biteSMS not too long ago... maybe a few hours ago.

After a respring I see my lockscreen for 2-3 seconds and then it crashes. I don't even have to try and unlock it.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Try my suggestion with crash reporter and see if that helps: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=19033380#post19033380

3. JrFreak, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014

JrFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

Ok.... looking at the logs in iCleaner I see some crashreporter entries...

/var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Springboard_2014_05-01-12411_Mike-iPhone.plist

/var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/DiagnosticLogs/security.log.bunchofnumbers

/var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/PL_2014-05-01-114426_bunchofnumbersandletters.powerlog

I tried searching for CrashReporter in Cydia, but nothing is showing up in the search. And the only things showing up "Sections" are installed tweaks. It's like the repos arent loading.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

It's "Crash Reporter"

You need to tap "refresh" in your changes tab of cydia for your repos to update

5. JrFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

Phone just started crashing to safe mode after every respring...

Like I said. Nothing shows. When I go manage>sources and pick on a repo it is empty... Cept for the tweaks I have installed. I hit refresh and it goes thru the fresh but nothing is added.

Hard to believe a tweak can mess up my phone this bad.

6. JrFreak, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014

JrFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

Phone just started crashing to safe mode after every respring...

Ok. Now that I'm on my home Wifi all packages are showing. I installed Crash Reporter it doesn't show a likely cause.

Here's another question... I removed everything that had font change capabilities but my springboard font is still a font I had active in Bytafont 2. How is that possible? Bytafont 2 and all of the Bytafont 2 fonts are gone.

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

you need to install bytafont2 and open it, and then click restore backup (or something like that)

unfortunately, bytafont2 relies on replacing the default fonts with the installed fonts instead of using cydiasubstrate to do the font injection. so you could install a font, select it with bytafont2, delete bytafont2 and the custom font would remain

8. Samanosuke macrumors 6502

Which is awesome...

OP check your installed tweaks, something is causing springboard to crash, the question is what, and the only thing that has changed since jailbreaking is probably a tweak you've installed recently.

9. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

It's not awesome if it was a bad port of the font to iOS and bytafont failed to detect it was a bad port and still allowed you to apply it

10. Samanosuke macrumors 6502

See I forget these things... There are so many hacked fonts, tweaks, and repos out there...

11. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

The font could still be on a legit repo and there'll be problems

12. Samanosuke macrumors 6502

Thank you for the information, I had no idea.

13. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

yea, if the original font was ported badly by the dev, the unlegit versions will also have problems. it's rare for that to happen now-a-days but it was more common back then

even some (a very small amount) properly ported fonts may cause crashing in some apps today and you would assume it's the app and not a tweak if you were to go into safe mode and the crashing problem still occurs