Phone keeps booting up in Safe Mode.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AppleSawz, Sep 14, 2010.

1. AppleSawz macrumors newbie

It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes when I reboot my phone it, loads up in Safe Mode. Of course I can exit safe mode and return back to normal but why does it load up in Safe Mode? Any ideas why? It's been doing it more frequent now...

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Look at some the mobile substrate add-ons you've installed recently. If you have SBSettings you can selectively turn them off to help find the one causing the issue.

3. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

What package/modification did you install just before your phone started doing this ? Remove it.

4. freerider2010 macrumors newbie

similar problem!!

I had very similar problem when I updated my 3gs from 3.1.3 to 4.0.1, I used rock to rapidly reinstall ALL the tweaks I had on before, this was a fatal mistake, the homescreen was ALWAYS in safe mode, no matter what I did so I was forced to do a restore from scratch, I tried uninstalling many of the things that could be causing this problem but nothing worked, so doing what "iPhone-power" suggested is a good move.

5. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Exactly. Using backups to restore to a different version of the software often causes problems. When I upgrade and jailbreak, I start from scratch. If i restore to the same version (haven't had to do that in months) I would use the backup and do all at once.

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

This! most likely a cydia app that uses mobilesubstrate for it's add-on is behaving bad!

Don't let MikePA hear you say that :D

7. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Exactly. Using backups to restore to a different version of the software often causes problems. When I upgrade and jailbreak, I start from scratch. If i restore to the same version (haven't had to do that in months) I would use the backup and do all at once.

8. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

scirica is exactly correct. Since many of the Cydia mods/packages don't work on 4.x.x firmware, you can never just re-install everything when going from one firmware level to a higher firmware level (3.x.x to 4.x.x)
    Gonna crash every time. You're lucky the phone isn't in a reboot mode as that has happened to plenty of posters who made the same foolish move you did.
    Remove every package that you installed, then start over, one by one.

9. AppleSawz thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I just recently bought Wifi Analyzer and Navigate from maps. Also a lot of tweaks. I deleted some of them and see if it fixes the crashing. Thanks.

10. Vick84 macrumors regular

Vick84

my girlfriend had same problem when she installed 5-column and when she tried removing it from cydia it would give her error...so she was stuck with the safe mode..but i figured out that you can remove it through rock. so whatever your unable to remove through cydia..u can use rock.