Phone Lock App

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by w3cum, Nov 29, 2008.

1. w3cum macrumors regular

I am looking for an App that I can it that will lock the phone so that I have to punch in the 4 digit code to unlock it. Any suggestions? I do not want to set the phone to lock every 5 minutes.... or 10 or 15... I want to be able to lock it from the main screen without havin to go thru alot of sub menues.
    Thanks

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm slightly lost... why can't you just press the lock switch on the top of the phone?

3. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

I'm assuming what he/she means is that they want to be able to lock their phone with the numerical password on demand.

4. w3cum thread starter macrumors regular

I can, but anyone can slide their finger across the screen to unlock it... I want to have to enter a code....

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

No, I'm still lost. If you enable a password lock, it is required for unlocking the phone regardless of how it gets locked, whether by timeout or by the switch. So if you have your password turned on, and you hit the lock switch, you need to password back in, to use the phone again.

Do you mean that you want the code to be entered with no prompting screen? Or what exactly is it that you want?

EDIT: P.S. any App Store app would be bound by the fact that it will be terminated if you hold down the home key, so no App Store application is going to give you this functionality... I don't think there's a jailbreaking app to do something like that either, although I still don't understand what you're trying to accomplish.

6. w3cum thread starter macrumors regular

I have "pass code" enabled.... but when I hit the button on top of the phone to lock it... all I have to do is swipe my finger across the screen and it unlocks it.... I want to be able to hit the button or an icon on the screen and it lock the phone where I have to enter a 4 digit code

PS.... HOW DO I SET IT UP THAT WHEN I HIT THE TOP BUTTON IT LOCKS THE PHONE WHERE I NEED TO ENTER A CODE? THAT IS REALLY ALL I AM TRYING TO DO

7. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

Settings - General - Passcode lock (ON) {will have to set your passcode}

then press the lock switch whenever you are done with the phone

8. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

if you have this setup properly, after you swipe your finger to unlock, you are then prompted to enter your passcode

Edit: also ensure that the require passcode option is set to "immediately"

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Good call... I'm guessing it's probably this. I forget about this setting since it's kind of ridiculous to have it set to anything other than immediately.

To change this setting, go to settings -> general -> Passcode Lock -> type in your passcode -> Require Passcode -> Immediately.

10. w3cum thread starter macrumors regular

OK... operator error. I misunderstood "Immediatly"... I have it doing what I want now. Thank you

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan