Phone Needed That's Pay By Minute

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bobber205, May 17, 2008.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Are there any phones out there that allow someone to only pay for minutes used?

I have a phone atm that makes you pay for 20 dollars worth of minutes every 3 months and I hardly make enough use to justify that even.

I want to take advantage of the new Skype plan that allows you to call a local number then dial the real number. It's only 3 dollars a month for unlimited minutes.

Are there any phones that exist that meet these criteria?

2. Alida macrumors newbie

Alida

I wouldn't count on any mobile phones which would be cheaper than that. Most prepaid plans for phones are more expensive.
    I have a Verizon phone I pay the minimum 23 Dollars a month for about 50 minutes, but they will deny they have a plan that cheap. You have to tell them you only want it for emergencies. Then any minutes you go over, they charge you 45 cents a minute.

I keep hearing about the Go Phone by Verizon but have no clue about the rates.

For a home phone, Vonage is good, but then you need a high speed internet connection. It's only about $24 a month for local and long distance.

Good luck.

3. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

The PAYG plans have a hidden crippling feature: most of the phones you can use with them, and the switching & routing involved are limited to only one of the frequency bands, meaning that reception in general sucks. I had an ATT PAYG for wifey and it was completely awful. I just switched her to my plan and a new RAZR V3 and she tells me constantly how impressed she it with the reach & reliability.

Now, if next month's iPhone announcements are a home run, she may get the old iPhone (Colorwared in pink), so I can get a new one. :D