Phone needs to be restored. How can I avoid update for jailbreakme?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dreamingoflions, Sep 21, 2010.

1. dreamingoflions macrumors newbie

I want to jailbreak my friends phone and I know how to. The only issue is her iphone currently needs to be restored. We haven't restored it yet since I am afraid then iTunes will require her to update to 4.1 Is there anyway to avoid that? Should I try restoring while the internet is off?

2. evilbastard macrumors member

Have you read the Sticky which is just a few lines up, regarding restoring your phone? You may find your answer(s) there.

3. Rakan macrumors member

If you have your SHSH blobs saved you can go ahead and run TU. From then on start the tss server, hit restore (Shift restore if your on windows) and find your fresh copy of the firmware your using, either 4.0.1 or 4.0. It should allow you to install the firmware, and it may let you downgrade or it should if you want that. If not i think you can just run the TSS and then go ahead and find your current FW. This should by pass the server checks? Not sure, but im pretty sure thats how you go about doing that.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

What phone is it?

if it is an iP4, and it haven't been jailbroken ever, them you don't have your SHSHs saved and you have no option to restore to 4.1 and wait for a Jailbreake.

If it is a 3GS, you are on the same boat, however if you go it from a second hand, them maybe that phone was Jailbroken at some point, so just download tinyUmbrella and run it, it will tell you if your SHSHs are saved and for what firmware

If you are on a 3G, them you can restore to 4.0.1, using Option+Restore and them head to Jailbreakeme.com and jailbreake

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Or if you're using a 3G redsnow has just been updated to jb 4.1

6. dreamingoflions thread starter macrumors newbie

It is a 3G!

So I just let itunes restore it? What do you mean exactly by option restore?

7. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

JB 4.1 with Redsn0w is curretly Mac only. Windows version should come shortly.

And, yes, all you do is let ITunes restore / install 4.1 on 3G phone. Afterward, run latest version of Redsn0w and follow the instructions. Note: There is no current unlock for 5.14.02 baseband that comes updated with official 4.1 firmware.