Phone Not Checking Mail

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TXCraig, Jul 23, 2008.

1. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

I have this nagging problem and wanted to see if anyone else is having it.

I have 3 email accounts set up on my phone: .Me, Gmail, and Yahoo

When I get up in the morning and look at my phone I usually have 15 or so emails that came to me overnight. Ever since I got my 3G phone, I check my phone in the morning and no messages. I go into my mail box for all 3 accounts and I get the spinning wheel...

So I have been doing a reset on the phone and soon as it boots up the mail all comes down to the phone.

So, is this something that I need to start doing every day? Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

2. ddk121 macrumors 6502

Go to Settings > Fetch New Data and then change the setting to your prefrence :)

3. iFerd macrumors 6502a

You are not alone. There are nearly 250 posts in a thread in the Apple support forum from people who are having this problem. There is something different about how Mail in firmware version 2.0 works than in 1.1.4.

The thread is here, if you have the patience. Apple needs to revise the software.

4. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

It's strange, but I'm noticing the opposite...my 2G would often fail to fetch mail without me opening the box (where, suddenly, emails would flood in). With the 3G (or 2.0, specifically, so the 2G+2.0), my email has consistently fetched without this problem cropping up.

5. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Sometimes mine stops getting mail after about 2 days of uptime.

thankfully i run Motion X poker so my iphone reboots often.