iPhone Phone numbers are displayed differently

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ren857, May 24, 2013.

1. ren857 macrumors member

A little backstory: I bought a jailbroken iPhone 5 off of eBay. It was a Sprint phone and the owner unlocked the phone using what appears to be some kind of Chinese sim. In order to get the phone to operate on Sprint, I had to uninstall "nano" sim app and obtain a sprint SIM card.

The problem is that phone numbers are displayed incorrectly (as far as the US is concerned).

Instead of displaying a phone number as 1-(xxx)-xxx-xxxx, it's displayed as 1xx-xxxx-xxxx. Also, when I try to add a phone number to my contacts through the phone or messaging app, it automatically adds +86 to the beginning of the number.

I tried looking through the phone settings and the few Cydia packages installed and I can't find anything that would affect the way phone numbers are displayed.

Does anyone have any idea what may be the problem?

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

You could try using ilexrat to make the phone as if you just restored it and see if that helps (I assume you don't have too much on the phone yet since you just purchased it)

Not sure how the phone was originally activated so beware! (Might be a sim interposer)

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Or you could just restore it if you plan to use it on Sprint (you will lose jailbreak)

4. ren857 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the app tip darrick! I don't want to lose my jailbreak.

5. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

Have you tried changing the default language in Settings? Maybe that might change how phone numbers are displayed.

6. ren857 thread starter macrumors member

It's already set to English.

What's weird is that the voicemail numbers are in the correct format.

7. ren857 thread starter macrumors member

Tried ilex rat and no dice. The numbers aren't displayed any different.

Oh we'll...

8. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

Try:-

Settings - General - International - Region Format

9. ren857 thread starter macrumors member

It's set to the U.S.

----------

Does anyone know why the apple maps app have two different languages? This may be related. [​IMG]

10. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

Just out of interest what happens if you change it to UK, does the format change?

11. ren857 thread starter macrumors member

Nope. It did change to adding +86 to the beginning of numbers. Now I can't get it to stop doing that...even when I change back to the US.