iPhone X Phone Order Limit on 1 Credit Card?

vishalc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Hey guys,

What is the limit for the number of phones you can order using one credit card? In the past years, I have seen some people say 2 phones per credit card.

Was that the case last year?

I don't want them to cancel my order if I try to order 3 phones on 1 card.

iPhone Xcited

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017
Arizona
I believe it was two phones per order (per credit card). Mostly to limit gray-market transactions and to maintain availability for all who want one.

vishalc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
I believe it was two phones per order (per credit card). Mostly to limit gray-market transactions and to maintain availability for all who want one.
Oh okay. That makes sense. I'm guessing that ordering 2 phones and checking out and then starting a new separate order for the 3rd phone and checking out would also probably also avoid this problem

iPhone Xcited

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017
Arizona
Oh okay. That makes sense. I'm guessing that ordering 2 phones and checking out and then starting a new separate order for the 3rd phone and checking out would also probably also avoid this problem
Most likely, but using a separate credit card would be the safest option.

There's also carrier websites and retailers to purchase from as well. That is what I did last year to place a backup. I ordered one at midnight from Apple, and then a few minutes later, Best Buy went live and I ordered from there as well.

vishalc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Most likely, but using a separate credit card would be the safest option.

There's also carrier websites and retailers to purchase from as well. That is what I did last year to place a backup. I ordered one at midnight from Apple, and then a few minutes later, Best Buy went live and I ordered from there as well.

Thanks! Yes, that is also a good option for me to consider

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.