Phone part of my iPhone crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by elfish, Sep 25, 2011.

1. elfish macrumors newbie

Friday I went to use my phone, and it froze on the dial-pad screen, went white - then closed. Contacts do the same thing. I can receive calls, but when I answer the phone goes to the home screen, with the green bar on top that says tap to return to call. The only way fro me to place a call is to use voice dialing. Again, when call is connected, it goes to home screen. I cannot "hang up" either.

I eventually restored my phone, and before I re-installed everything from my last backup I tried to use phone. Same thing. I restored from my backup, and again still crashing. For the heck of it, I wiped phone again. This time phone worked fine - until I restored apps, etc from backup. I installed two apps the day it crashed, one was apzilla, and the other was setting up google sync. i uninstalled apzilla - but that didn't help. changed settings back from google sync, again no luck.

Any ideas? anyone know of apps that cause the phone not to work?
    Thanks in advance
    -elfish

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Setup as new. Something might be wrong with your backup so as soon as your restore to it you will have the same problem again.

3. elfish thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks,

when i set up as new, can I restore some of the apps & settings individually in itunes, or am i starting from scratch?

-elfish

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can sync your apps and music with itunes again.
    If you synced your contacts with address book you can sync them again but if you restore from backup you will have the same issues.
    You cant pick and choose what you restore from backup, its all or nothing.
    So when you setup as new you start fresh.