Phone # ported to ATT but iPhone still using other carrier's domain for surfing?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ricb, Aug 19, 2008.

1. ricb macrumors member

I hope someone else has noticed this problem. Yesterday, I ported my cell number over to ATT for the iPhone. This was a port from Verizon that is now reported as complete.

Just a moment ago, I posted to another forum website that I participate in that reports domains the posting came from in the notes. It showed up that I was posting from myvzw.com!!

WTF? :confused: Anyone else notice this? A timing thing? I guess I'm worried about data usage on a now "closed" VZW account.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You can't be using data on Verizon Wireless, as the technology they use is different than what at&t uses.

What is likely happening is that somehow your phone number is being associated with Myvzw.com, or you are on a WiFi network with that domain.

TEG

3. olliebraves20 macrumors regular

Yes TEG is right...it's just not possible......

4. ricb thread starter macrumors member

Ok - yeah, thinking about that now - it makes sense that it would be impossible due to the difference in how the two are operated. Thanks!