Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebubbatex

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Are there any technical probabilities that could cause wifi to interfere with GSM signals? Maybe it is just me or my illusions, but I always feel that my call quality is not as good if I have wifi enabled on my 3GS. Just wondering if others feel this way or if there actually is the possibility of interference.

thebubbatex

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
I appreciate all of the helpful feedback! ;)

Anyway - there is actually some interference for me via my BT headset. I was on a long call today that started with wifi on. I kept noticing a lot of "popping" in my headset (Voyager Pro) that I have not had in a long time. I turned wifi off and it immediately went away. Waited a while, turned wifi back on and immediately got the popping/static again. I turned wifi back off.

Maybe this is only a problem for me with my 3GS and with the Voyager Pro, but my call quality is definitely better with wifi off while using the headset.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.