Phone randomly turned itself off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pj rage, Sep 4, 2008.

1. pj rage macrumors 6502

Has anyone else had this happen? After doing my normal ride in playing the ipod through the car (griffin autopilot), I got to work, put it on silent, turned on airplane mode, and put it in my pocket, in it's soft case sleeve, as normal.

I pulled it out an hour or so later and it was seemingly off? The screen was dark (as expected) but when I pressed the power or home buttons to wake it up (get to the "slide to unlock" screen), nothing happened. I tried a few times. I then tried holding the power button to try to turn it back on, thinking it was off. Nothing. Held it for a while and nothing happened. Finally I tried holding the power and home buttons simultaneously and it almost instantly turned on to the apple boot logo (didn't have to hold them in very long, less than one second). It booted up as normal and seems to be working fine, but this is a little worrisome. Anyone else ever have this happen? Are there any known causes? I'm wondering why I couldn't turn the phone on normally (holding the power button for a half second) if it was truly just off?

2. mmoosa macrumors 6502

mmoosa

Same thing happens to me, just randomly it becomes 'dead' lol. I have no idea why and i've also noticed that it sometimes completely turns itself off and i have to hold power button down to switch it back on, even with fully charged battery

3. pj rage thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you jailbroken?