iPhone Phone randomly vibrating. Is there a log I can look at?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ARSkemp, May 8, 2013.

1. ARSkemp macrumors 6502

My phone is randomly vibrating and I cannot seem to pinpoint what app it is coming from. I could be holding my phone using it or I could have it sitting with the screen off and it will occur. The screen does not light up nor is there any indication that I have a notification. All my notification settings seem to be okay (any apps I have turned sounds on for should also have a badge app icon and show an alert).

Is there some sort of log I can look at or tweak I can install to determine what may be causing the vibration? I really do not want to have to uninstall tweaks and apps one by one to find the issue.

2. siorai macrumors 6502

Not sure about a log, but do you use iblacklist to block any numbers? I didn't realize that by default iblacklist will vibrate when it blocks a call and it was really bugging me why my phone would seemingly randomly vibrate once in awhile.

3. tekno macrumors 6502a

Faulty switch?

4. ARSkemp thread starter macrumors 6502

Do not have iblacklist installed but thanks for the suggestion.

I had thought about that too but nothing pops up on the screen when it randomly vibrates. When I toggle the switch there is a popup that appears in the middle so I am assuming it is not due to this.

5. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

Maybe you have some notification settings that are messed up...?

For example, maybe there is an app sending you push notifications where the push settings are Alert Style=none, Wake Device=Off, but Sounds=on

6. Siggen macrumors 6502

Me and my previous boss could both got some random vibrates and notification sound.

Hasn't happened to me in a long while though.

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention, this was before iPhone 5 jailbreak, and he never jailbroke.

7. LithePanther macrumors 6502

Would it happen to be your mail?

I know by default mail is set to not have an alert, iirc.