Phone Replaced -> Where are my backups??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knowlege Bomb, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

As the title states, I had my phone replaced the other day. I attempted to install an update to my Audible app and the update froze at "Installing". After respringing, rebooting and synching with iTunes I had to delete the app.

I then backed up my phone in case something like this happened (I know iTunes well enough). I'd like to restore to a backup from the previous phone but there's only the one backup created right after deleting.

Anybody have any idea where I might find my older backups? Thanks in advance.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

3. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

No problem. You don't sound like a jerk. It's my fault for not mentioning in the OP that I did Google it. And I looked at that very page.

The file shown on that page shows the one backup from the new phone. Nothing from the previous phone. That's what I'm looking for.

4. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

Open up iTunes right click on the iPhone under Devices on the left. click on RESTORE FROM BACKUP. Not BACKUP once click on RESTORE FROM BACKUP you will be able to scroll down to the different phone backups stored in your directory. Be sure to choose the right iPhone name you want.