Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
So I woke up this morning and the phone completely locked up. A hard reset was required (resulting in a currupted pixilated looking screen) to which all my passwords had been reset. I was also prompted with the deactivation screen and briefly the Hola/Hello... message as if it was a new install. All apps were still present but I had to re-enter all passwords for mail and calendars etc.

I'm on beta 8 (latest). 6S.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
Also seems app passwords were reset. For example Authentication, Slack etc. Very very annoying as 2FA will need setting up again now for many apps since they are no longer in Aithenticatior.
I've never seen anything like this before.

I'm almost wondering if it was some form of memory corruption given then very strange pixilated screen I witnessed on the restart.
[doublepost=1472459182][/doublepost]
PB8 running smooth so far
Yes for me also until this.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Very strange indeed. Beta 8 seems to have been a minor regression in several areas. Hopefully next beta or release will get it back on track. I think if I were you I would go ahead and do a restore before setting it all back up again.

Reactions: 6836838

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
Beta 8 was a fresh install with icloud restore from beta 7. I think I'll do a mem test. Will report back.

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
I have the same problem. Mine is even worse though becaus it happened when I am in Canada and the phone Could not activate because it could not find the Verizon network and it said SIM not supported when I entered my iCloud info. I had to drive back to the US to get it to activate.

Last edited:

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Beta 8 was a fresh install with icloud restore from beta 7. I think I'll do a mem test. Will report back.

Not really a fresh install then. Any time you restore, it is restoring settings that could ultimately be corrupt or eventually then corrupt the fresh install. Especially when you are playing around with betas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.