Phone reserved via email?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RobbySkateboard, Sep 12, 2014.

1. RobbySkateboard macrumors regular

I got a thing from apple saying
    "We have an iphone for you
    Your reservation number is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    we can't reach the carrier systems to process your order, but we have reserved an iphone for you
    we'll email you when it's time to proceed with your order. It will include instructions to complete your order and a return link. You'll have 24 hours from the time the email is sent to complete your purchase or your reservation will be cancelled."
    Will this insure that I get one on the 19th?

2. thenewone macrumors member

3. calganelle macrumors member

got this too...

what's the website we can use to check our status? I Xed out of it before double checking all of that...

not sure if I should keep trying, or what??

4. lsbuffs macrumors regular

I got same email. I'm still submitting the "Confirm Your Account Details" page for Verizon, but says can't connect to wireless carrier. Not sure what to make of the reservation message.

5. RobbySkateboard thread starter macrumors regular

well considering I at&t website doesn't seem to want to give me the upgrade price of $399 and wants me to pay full price (even though I'm upgradable) and the apple store still isn't up and I can't get any further than I did with the app, I'm going to bed and waiting for this email, I'm going to be REALLY annoyed if I can't get a 64gig 6+ space grey on launch. But then again, it might be better because if I don't get it then, I'll just wait a while, see the tear down/reviews and might end up opting for the note 4 or note edge, we'll see.

6. MacSeven macrumors newbie

I received this message as well. I'm on AT&T ... I wonder if they're the bottleneck in this instance?

7. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

I tried to order 2 Iphone 6's, and got 2 reservation numbers. I got the reservation emails too, and I was able to check the statuses. I tried to check the statuses like 15 min later, and now I get this message, "We’re sorry. We can’t find your reservation. Please verify your information and try again."

8. amtrucker22 macrumors member

I am able to check the status of mine using the reservation number, billing zip, and last 4 of my ssn. It just says they are holding my reservation and that they will email me when they can contact my carrier (at&t) and that I will have 24 hours to proceed with the order once they send out the email.

9. MacSeven macrumors newbie

I went and ordered again through the web site. Everything went through as it should. I'll ignore the above reservation email when it arrives.

10. dloomer macrumors regular

Yep. Same here. I called Apple help and while the representative tried very hard to help, I didn't really get anywhere. He couldn't look up my reservation number to figure out what's happened to it. He kept returning to a script regarding how there may be a delay in Apple getting confirmation from your carrier. I tried to explain that in the meantime, the reservation must still exist, and I'm concerned that Apple tells me it doesn't. In the end, I still don't know if I have a valid reservation.

11. jcr918 macrumors regular

Mine went through a few hours ago. #301 delivering on the 19th all good here :)