Phone resprings?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eclipse01, Feb 11, 2015.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Does anyone's phone ever just respring randomly?

2. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

What iPhone, what iOS version, what storage size? Jailbroken? Apparently some 64GB iPhone 6/6+'s and all 128GB iPhone 6/6+'s are prone to this, due to the lower quality TLC flash storage they use. (I might be mixing up MLC/TLC but it's one of the two) If you have a 128GB it doesn't automatically mean you will experience it no matter what, it varies from user to user it seems.

Anyway, I have a 16GB iPhone 6 which has the better flash storage which won't have this issue. However the earlier versions of iOS 8 were a lot buggier and entering the multitasking switcher/interacting with it has caused a few resprings, hasn't happened in awhile though. Probably fixed in a minor update at some point. If it's doing it a ton, like several times a day, take it in to Apple.

3. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I don't think it was ever verified that TLC caused the issue. Plus you mention yourself you've experienced it on your 16 and all 16 to the best of my knowledge are MLC

4. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

sorry, I figured people would look at my sig.

anyway, it only happens VERY rarely with my 6, i'm thinking it is mostly because I never restart it ever and it just needs a refresh.

5. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

6. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

7. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Mine randomly resprings when it's asleep, I know because when I try to unlock with Touch ID, it says I have to use my passcode to unlock.

iPhone 6 64 gig. From another thread, I confirmed I have the MLC storage (write speed was under 100 MBps)

8. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

9. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

Resprings happened regularly when my 5s was running the early versions of iOS 7. Since updating to iOS 8, I have had exactly one respring occurrence in four months.

FYI, I never do OTA updates -- always use iTunes and install the full iOS package. I also periodically restore my phone as a new device, and restore the data and apps from a local backup. I do this to purge the "Other" directory, which tends to accumulate garbage data from botched media downloads that I cannot otherwise get rid of. But, that might also help tamper down stability issues.